Mr. Stevens is a commercial restructuring lawyer whose practice focuses primarily on the representation of trustees, creditors’ committees, debtors and creditors in complex bankruptcy cases, debt restructurings and related litigation.
Mr. Stevens employs a practical, results-oriented approach that helps his clients maximize value on their investments, and finds money in the tough cases.
St. John’s University School of Law
St. John’s University
Bar and Court Admissions:
State of New York
State of Massachusetts
U.S. District Courts for Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
U.S. Tax Court
Steering Committee for the New York City Bankruptcy Assistance Project
Chapter 11 Lawyers’ Advisory Committee for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York
American Bankruptcy Institute
National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Debtors in the Chapter 11 construction cases of Advanced Contracting Solutions LLC, and Michael Mazzeo Electric Company Inc.
- Debtors in the Chapter 11 cases of Hypnotic Taxi, LLC and related debtors owned by Evgeny Freidman and owners of forty-six New York City Taxi Medallions
- Debtor in the Chapter 11 case of Hospital Audiences Inc., a storied New York City arts charity
- Chapter 7 Trustee in Revolate Holdings, an advertising firm and investment vehicle, in connection with a multimillion dollar settlement of director and officer liability claims
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors for FKF 3, LLC, a $60 million real estate investment fund, and West End Financial Advisors, a franchise and real estate investment fund
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors for Spectrum Healthcare LLC, Sonix Medical Resources, Inc., Word World LLC, Cavalry Construction, Inc., OMC, Inc., Lehr Construction and Cool Sheetmetal Inc.
- Numerous defendants of avoidance recovery actions in MF Global bankruptcy cases
- Petitioning Creditors in involuntary cases of Jacoby & Meyers – Bankruptcy, LLP and Macey Bankruptcy Law P.C.
- Estate of Hilly Kristal as a secured lender in the CBGB Holdings, LLC bankruptcy case
- Fyre Fest Trustee Seeking Wide Probe Into Ja Rule, Others, Law 360 (Nov. 16, 2017)
- Coming Back From Bankruptcy: How We Fixed Healing Arts Initiative, NewYork Nonprofit Media (June 5, 2017)
- Jacoby & Meyers Bankruptcy liquidation stays alive – U.S. judge, Reuters (May 28, 2014)
- Judge Wants Chapter 7 for Jacoby & Meyers Bankruptcy, WSJ Blogs (May 28, 2014)
- Firm Challenged Venue of Bankruptcy Petition, New York Law Journal (April 16, 2014)
- Trouble at Jacoby & Meyers Bankruptcy LLP Raises Concerns at Other Jacoby Firms, New York Law Journal (March 26, 2014)
- Creditors Hoping to Force Jacoby & Meyers Into Bankruptcy, Law 360 (March 18, 2014)
- No Tuition Refund For Staten Island Couple: Judge Rules Parents Benefit From Kids’ Parochial School Education, Staten Island Advance (December 13, 2013)
- Bankruptcy Trustee Targets Catholic Schools, New York Post (October 13, 2013)
- Troubles Mount for N.J. Assemblyman, The Star-Ledger (August 8, 2012)
- Mid-Hudson Firms Victimized in Bankruptcy Case, Times Herald-Record (July 30, 2012)
- Kristal Estate Open to Selling CBGB Name, The Wall Street Journal (October 14, 2010)