Mr. Scott’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, business reorganization, debtor/creditor rights and commercial law. He has represented debtors, trade creditors, creditors’ committees, individual creditors and secured lenders in a wide variety of matters in both state and federal courts.
Throughout his years of practice, Mr. Scott has counseled a diverse group of clients, including manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, landlords, lenders, freight forwarders, maritime shipping companies, airlines, universities, and insurers in a range of litigation and bankruptcy matters.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Bar and Court Admissions:
State of New York
State of New Jersey
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Courts for Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York and for the District of New Jersey
American Bankruptcy Institute
- Counsel to Project Orange Associates, LLC, owner of steam powered electricity production facility, in its chapter 11 case
- Counsel to Changing World Technologies, Inc., et. al., owners of renewable diesel fuel oil and organic fertilizer production, in their jointly administered chapter 11 cases
- Counsel to 205 East 45 LLC and In re EALC LLC, owners of luxury condo and hotel properties, in their jointly administered chapter 11 cases
- Counsel to Direct Access Group LLC, parent company of an SEC registered broker-dealer in its chapter 11 case
- Counsel to Murphy & Durieu, L.P. former SEC registered broker-dealer in its chapter 11 case
- Counsel to Gemini Systems, LLC, technology consulting company engaged in the sale, service, and support of computer software, in its chapter 11 case and sale of substantially all of its assets
- Counsel to Gromwell, Staffing, Inc., a staffing business concentrating on the fashion, retail, beauty and advertising industries in its chapter 11 case
- Counsel to Oceantrade Corporation, a maritime shipping company, in its chapter 11 case
- Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors and Post-Confirmation Plan Administrator in In re Dreier LLP, former national law firm
- Counsel to secured lender in In re Nemrah Realty Corporation, Inc.
- Counsel to technology services company in recent sale of substantially all of its assets
- Counsel to creditor, airline service provider in In re World Airways, Inc.
- Counsel to the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart (not-for-profit corporations in New York and Illinois) in connection with the chapter 11 case of Cabrini Medical Center (not-for-profit hospital) and related transactions.
- Counsel to nationally recognized jewelry designer, in an out of court wind down of its business operations
- Counsel to manufactured goods wholesaler, in an out of court wind down of its business operations
- Counsel to petitioning creditors in In re North Hills LP, fraudulent investment partnership in involuntary chapter 7 case
- Counsel to defendants in numerous avoidance action adversary proceedings commenced by the SIPA Trustee in In re Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC
- Counsel to numerous investors in avoidance action adversary proceedings commenced against them in In re MF Global Holdings Ltd
- Counsel to numerous defendants in fraudulent conveyance actions commenced against them in relation to the leveraged buyout of Tribune Company
- Counsel to the Post-Confirmation Plan Administrator in In re GT Brands Holdings, LLC in numerous preference avoidance actions commenced by Post-Confirmation Plan Administrator
- Counsel to Post Consummation Trust Administrator in In re M. Slavin & Sons, Ltd. in numerous preference avoidance actions commenced by Post-Confirmation Trust Administrator
Programs and Lectures/Awards/Publications:
Mr. Scott was recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in the area of Bankruptcy by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2017 and as a “Rising Star” in 2014 and 2015.